Research Associate Positions – Cardiac Program
Khloris Biosciences, Inc. is seeking innovative and highly motivated research associates to join the cardiac program team. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for supporting cardiac projects for drug discovery based on stem-cell derived cardiomyocyte technology. Prior experience with stem cell derived cardiomyocytes is not required but the candidate should have a strong knowledge of cell and tissue culture procedures, including working without antibiotics, and aseptic techniques. The selected candidate will work closely with other scientists, participate in project teams, and work in a multidisciplinary environment to advance projects.
The duties of this position will involve supporting a multidisciplinary team to develop stem-cell derived cardiomyocytes for drug discovery. The ideal candidate will have had hands-on experience with tissue culture techniques; experience with iPS cells is a plus. The candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to execute experiments utilizing good scientific judgment and strong team skills.
- Computer knowledge for maintenance of cell line databases/spreadsheets and ordering online is required
- Record keeping of cultures and lab items is required
- Maintaining tissue culture suites including hoods, water baths, work surfaces, shelving and routine sterilization of CO2 Incubators is required
- Performing contamination testing of existing cultures is required
- Preparation of tissue culture media and lab chemical stock solutions is required
- Knowledge of ELISA assays is a plus but not required
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative, ethics/integrity and innovation is required
Competencies & Skills
- Communication/Presentation Skills (spoken, written)
- Integrity/Ethics * Initiative * Sense of Urgency
- Teamwork * Collaboration Skills
- Innovation Physical Demands
- Requires both office and laboratory work
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- Exposure to chemicals used in a laboratory environment with proper Personal Protective Equipment
· This position operates in a professional laboratory and office work environment
· This role requires hands-on laboratory work employing aseptic technique, standard molecular and microbial process with limited exposure to inorganic and organic compounds
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
· B.S. in appropriate discipline required (e.g., immunology, cell biology, molecular biology)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Khloris Biosciences is a private biotechnology company located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are dedicated to revolutionizing medical treatment and prevention of cancer and cardiac diseases by harnessing the unlimited immunotherapeutic potential of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) for drug discovery, vaccine and cell therapies. See more at www.khlorisbiosciences.com.