Senior Scientist- Immunology
Khloris Biosciences, Inc. is seeking innovative and highly motivated PhD level immunologist to join the cancer vaccine team. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for supporting cancer vaccine projects on a preclinical level. Prior experience with rodent tumor immunotherapy models is preferred. The selected candidate will work closely with other scientists, participate in project teams, and work in a multidisciplinary environment in order to advance projects.
The duties of this position will involve supporting a multidisciplinary team to develop the Khloris cancer vaccine platform for cancer therapy and utilizing in vivo mouse models with in vitro cell based immunoassays to elucidate mechanism of action of these vaccines and developing biomarker assays for clinical trials.
The ideal candidate will have had hands-on expertise in mouse cancer models as well as working with human samples. The candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to execute experiments utilizing good scientific judgment and strong team skills.
Expertise in current technology practices in mouse and human immunology like multi-color flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and isolation and culture of primary immune cells is required.
Experience with in vivo rodent cancer immunotherapy models is preferred.
Experience in cancer target or drug discovery, and cancer histopathology or other methods to explore the tumor microenvironment is preferred
Ability to independently design experiments, make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and deliver timely results is required
Excellent presentation and oral and written communication skills is required
Proven ability to prepare precise technical summaries and protocols and maintenance of appropriate documentation is required
Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment is required
Strong sense of urgency, initiative, ethics/integrity and innovation is required
Competencies & Skills
Communication/Presentation Skills (spoken, written)
Integrity/Ethics * Initiative * Sense of Urgency
Teamwork * Collaboration Skills
Innovation Physical Demands
Requires both office and laboratory work
- Requires both office and laboratory work
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals used in a laboratory environment with proper Personal Protective Equipment
- This position operates in a professional laboratory and office work environment
- This role requires hands-on laboratory work employing aseptic technique, standard molecular and microbial process with limited exposure to inorganic and organic compounds
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in appropriate discipline required (e.g., immunology, cell biology, molecular biology)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Khloris Biosciences is a private biotechnology company located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are dedicated to revolutionizing medical treatment and prevention of cancer and other diseases by harnessing the unlimited immunotherapeutic potential of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) for drug discovery, vaccine and cell therapies. See more at www.khlorisbiosciences.com.